What To Do After An Accident
After Accident Checklist
1. Stay calm.
2. If someone was hurt, call 911 immediately.
3. If no one was hurt get out of the way. If you can’t get out of the way, warn oncoming traffic with hazard signals or flares.
4. Call the police even if the accident was minor. If no one was hurt, contact the Lincoln Police Department at 402-441-6000.
5. Exchange information with the other driver. You want the Driver's name, address, phone number, an email address, a driver's license number, their insurance company and the policy number.
6. Write down what happened and take lots of pictures. When, where,the cars involved, their license plate numbers, witnesses, skid marks, etc.
7. Call your insurance company. You have the right to choose any shop you wish to make repairs.
We'd like your third call to be to Tracy's Collision Center. Let us help.
Find out more on our Full Site